Gold Label HydroCoco 60/40 is a mix of 60% Gold Label Hydrocorn (clay pebbles) and 40% Coco.The combination of these two horticultural substrates, and the long coco fibres, improves capillary action, provides a good base for fast root development and decreases the number of times you need to water compared to clay pebbles.
How to get the most out of your Gold Label HydroCoco 60/40?
- Gold Label HydroCoco by itself is an almost inert substrate. You need to add nutrients when you first water the substrate (use your nutrient supplier's recommendations).
- Unlike coco you need to flush the substrate first time you use it in order to saturate the clay pebbles initially.
- Keep plugs or cubes wet after initial planting in order to prevent them from drying out.
- The recommended pH range is 5.2 - 6.5, however this depends on the nutrients used.
- During the vegetative stage start with a lower pH (5.2-5.6) to balance the pH in your substrate, in the generative stage move to a slightly higher pH (5.9-6.3). (more...)